78 thoughts on “Zenith bank domiciliary account quick guide”

1. Good day. After opening with the minimum of $1k, what is the minimum amount that you can have in the account afterwards? Is it still $1k ?

• Sorry for the late reply, the answer is yes though it won’t make sense at all cause the bank exchange rate is pretty much low compared to the black market.

So it’s better to withdraw it and go to the black market to exchange the money to naira, and deposit it into your naira savings account.

2. What’s the best app to use to transfer money into a zenith bank domiciliary account. I have tried Sharemoney (will deposit naira), WorldRemit (zenith not listed as one of banks they work with). Who knows which money transfer app works well with Zenith Bank? Thanks.

• Well I don’t use money transfer app, rather I receive money through inflow or fund the account by depositing dollar into the account but if I want to make payment online.

All these black marketers can help you to change naira to dollar at a good rate.

3. Can i choose my naira savings account to be charged for any wire transfer charges for wire transfer done from my dom account?

• Gtbank monthly withdrawal limit is $1k?

Are you sure of what you’re saying cause I have a gtbank domiciliary account and do exceed that limit. Even the spending limit is above $1k or probably unlimited and same with zenith.

4. Please sir, does zenith bank ordinary domilicary account work like a current account or does it have transactions limit or maximum deposit.

• I want you to know that there are savings domiciliary account and current domiciliary account. There’s no deposit limit but wouldn’t advise you to deposit $40,000 at once if you’re lot younger before the bank will start suspecting your account.

5. Hello. Thanks for all the info here.
    I opened a GT domiciliary account but they keep rejecting all my referees. I am quite interested in Zenith Bank Dom acct.
    First of all, can I make payment of abt 2000 dollars from Nigeria to Canada with my card?
    Also, can I have access to the funds if I happen to be outside the country?
    Thanks in anticipation.

• Hello namesake, nice to see you here. You can use the zenith bank dollar card to make payment up to $3000 or even more than the amount though the situation right now seemed complicated. So I will advise you to kindly contact the bank using the below contact details and make your inquiry.

Email: zenithdirect@zenithbank.com , or you can call 234-1-2787000

6. Please if someone transfers dollars into my zenith bank dollar account, will I be able to withdraw the cash in dollar?

• Yes of course, that’s the purpose of having a domiciliary account. You can withdraw the money, go to the black market and change to naira if you want. Right now $1 = N505 in the black market

7. Good evening, if I should open zenith dollar account that is for free can I receive payment with it? Because I need a dollar account to receive payment from my online trading.

• Yes exactly just like in gtbank, access bank, uba. Right now if you’re opening a domiciliary account with a zero account balance, you will need to get a two references.

For the higher domiciliary account that is the one which you can receive both USD, pounds, Euro, Yen, etc doesn’t require a reference but rather an opening balance of $1k or equivalent in naira for zenith. First bank is $1500 while access bank and uba are both $500 or equivalent in naira.

• I can’t really say if you can receive such amount cause some banks are limiting the amount to $10k. If one’s needs to receive such amount like $25k through inflow, one needs to contact the account manager prior to that.

I recommend you to contact zenith bank and know if you can receive such amount if you open a domiciliary account with them, and remember, they have two. One is higher though requires $1k to open the account, while the other is free but limited.

8. Good day my name is daniel how sure and confident you know that zenith cash domiciliary account is free without any payments of anything from the zenith bank

• There are two types of zenith domiciliary account, the cash domiciliary account requires zero account opening though with two references, while the ordinary domiciliary account requires $1k or it’s equivalent in naira.

Please I recommend you to contact zenith bank for more information.

• The cash domiciliary is a zero account opening, the bank will only collect their charges. The ordinary domiciliary account requires $1k or it’s equivalent in naira to open the account.

9. Will opening a cash domiciliary account involve any payments to the bank, payment in any form like activating the account before using it? And how much will i deposit first.?

10. Sorry please,do have any idea if they’d collect their charges in naira,how much you’d estimate they’ll take Thank you very much.

11. Sorry please,do you have any idea if they’d collect their charges in naria, and how much you’d estimate they’ll take. Thank you

12. Sorry please, do you have any idea how much zenith bank is estimated they’ll take as their charges in cash domiciliary account.

13. Is there any percentage charge and limit when withdrawing from your Dom account abroad using zenith dollar debit card on an ATM machine

14. What is the percentage charge and withdrawal monthly/daily limit on the zenith Dom account when withdrawing using the zenith dollar debit card on an ATM machine

• I don’t really know about the percentage charge for abroad, but I know down here in Nigeria it usually starts from 2.5 for cash lodgment and 1.5 for withdrawal and it depends on the amount.

I recommend you to contact the bank customer service for your inquiry.

15. hello..if you are able to see this though,thanks for the post..it was really helpful

i guess my issue is funding the dom acct..the bank told me they dont convert naira to dollar..

and based on my location,it is quite hard to locate this black marketers

what do you recommend?

and for the uba dom acct,seeing that opening requires less fee, do they require references?

• Uba requires a referee or I will say it is the new rule in the Nigerian banking system.

Honestly, this your case is quite complicated cause normally banks don’t convert especially nowadays.

The truth is, banks do have bureau de change or any of these black markets as their partner and you should cornered or speak with the manager or the person in charge of the FX section to assist you in linking you with these aboki (black marketers).

They will assist you though it is not always the case. This is what I did on the very first day I opened my domiciliary account though with gtbank and not zenith.

• Best conversion rate?

Banks are poor, like 409 to 410 per USD while black market is around N495 to N500 per USD.

16. Hello Missybanker,

Since banks no longer convert naira to dollars, in the case of me opening a domiciliary account, does it mean I have to withdraw naira from my bank, buy dollar from black market and deposit the said in my domiciliary account??

• Previously the bank will take the equivalent dollar in naira if you’re opening the account. Right now, you have to fund the account in dollar as they do claim scarcity of dollar.

You can speak with the manager to help you out if you don’t know much about the buying from the black market before they dupe you.

Remember, there’s a domiciliary account you can open with zero account balance though it is specifically for dollar only.

17. This is really helpful

Please does it mean that someone can’t fund the dom account with bank dollar to naira exchange rate for the purpose of sending abroad.

Please I will like to get more insight on this if possible.
    Also in Owerri –

Thanks a lot

• I didn’t understand this line “someone can’t fund the dom account with bank dollar to naira exchange rate”

You can fund your domiciliary account through inflow and which is receiving money abroad, and by exchanging naira into dollar.

If you know your way around amawusa (Douglas road), you can go there and please go with someone. If you don’t know much about the place, don’t bother going there cause cause the have plenty thieves and they will dupe you.

I will advise you to meet with your account manager to help you out or link you with a reliable black market seller.

18. Please can you comment on, zenith bank ordinary domiciliary account :is it that the account is integrated with all the three big world currency (USA, GBPS, EURO) such that if they send me money in euro, I would withdraw euro, and if I I received money in pounds and will also withdraw pounds etc or how please enlighten, because my platform sends me euro and the other dollar.

• Yes that’s what it means, been able receive any of dollar, pounds and euro. Remember, it requires $1k to open the account.

19. Do you know how long it takes to receive euros from someone sending from Europe

Secondly, is the charges from incoming and outgoing transfers fixed or is it in percentage? If in percentage, what is the percentage?

What are the other charges I should expect for using the account (basically receiving euros and transfering out the euros)?

Are separate IBAN given for each account opened?

20. Receiving money depends on the means the sender is using, but usually it takes a five business days.

Currently I’m not in Nigeria to know the zenith bank charges though it is mostly on withdrawals and annual fee.

What do you want to do with the IBAN?

To receive money from abroad what is required is the swift code, and zenith bank swift code is ZEIBNGLA.

21. Seriously sir/ma.
    Yhu have given me so much insight on how to make gains.
    Thanks for your wonderful documentation,
    Yhu deserve a hug.
    Smile

• Good day Ma, please can i transfer money from zenith naira account to my dorm account using mobile banking And what is the monthly/daily deposit and withdrawal limit with zenith dollar card?pls reply

• No, you can’t transfer naira into your zenith domiciliary account. You can only fund the account with dollars, pounds, Euro depending on the account you opened.

There’s no deposit or withdrawal limit, the account is unlimited.

• I don’t think there’s an available means though I recommend you contact the bank and inquire the possibility of you opening the account online.