In this post we will guide you through on how to open a western union account in Nigeria.
Western union is one of the best and popular money transfer in this world, with millions of users varying from countries all over the world. Right here in Nigeria, western union is one of the means with which we recieve money from abroad.
As the have gain trust and support from their uses because of the services theu offer, western union is one of my best money transfer option. You may be asking how to open a western union account in Nigeria, but i want to know that you can Also use western union through first bank Nigeria, gtbank, uba, skye bank account etc.
But if you have opted to go to direct that is opening account with western union in Nigeria below is the easy guide.
How to open a western union account in Nigeria
1. To open a western union account in Nigeria, you will first go to their website for NG which is https://www.westernunion.com/ng/en/send-money/app/register?sln=mywu-head-signup-ng
2. Add your real name profile details and a valid email address and exact date of birth.
3. Try and create a strong password which contains letters and alphabets.
4. You will need have to enter your house address. Please use the address on your ID card.
5. Then enter the state that you are living, follows by city and the postal code. You can get Nigeria postal code here
6. Add your phone number that is always available(your main line) and lastly select a security question that you can remember when the need arises and answer the question.
8. Finally click complete.
Western union will send you an email, for you to verify your account within one hour. After that, you can login to your account and complete your registration by adding your personal account information especially if want to make sure a tranfer or recieve money from western union in Nigeria.
Open Western Union Account in Nigeria through Banks
The likes of First Bank Nigeria, uba, gtbank, skye bank, diamond bank all offer western union money transfer or to recieve money in Nigeria
You don’t even need to have a bank account with any of the listed bank before you can open western union account in Nigeria with them. What you have to do is to go to any bank that you feel is okay for you, meet with a customer care representative and ask him/her that you want to open western union account.
The customer care agent will give you their requirements but i know for sure that you must not have an account with them.
For First Bank Nigeria
Their requirements are;
- International Passport
- Driver’s License
- Permanent Voters card
- National Identity Card
Requirements for Receiving Payments
- The Money Transfer Control Number (MTCN)
- Expected Amount
- Acceptable means of identification (see Required documents)
- The receiver’s name, address and phone numbers
- Sender’s name and country (city to be included for transfers coming from the US and Mexico)
- Test Question and Answer where applicable.
Requirements for Sending Payments
- Sender’s name, Phone number, address
- The receiver’s name and country
- Amount in Naira
- Acceptable means of identification (see Required Documents)
- Sender must have a FirstBank
- account or be identified by an account holder
- Test Question and Answer where applicable
- A maximum send limit of 1,000USD Naira equivalent per customer per quarter, as stipulated by the Central Bank of Nigeria.
When first bank said that the sender must have first bank account or be identified as an account holder, it means that it is either you have an account with first Bank or any other bank in the country. You can learn more on first bank western union account opening through https://www.firstbanknigeria.com/personal-banking/money-transfer/western-union/
Most banks in Nigeria offer western union money transfer , you can make inquiry on your desired bank, get their requirement and register.
[penci_related_posts taxonomies=”undefined” title=”Similar Posts ” background=”” border=”” thumbright=”yes” number=”4″ style=”list” align=”none” displayby=”cat” orderby=”random”]
Now you can open a western union account in Nigeria and send or recieve money from abroad to Nigeria