Looking for how to get cash out without a debit card?
Look no further as what you’ve been searching for on the internet is here for you. The ways which a bank customer can withdraw cash without the use of a debit card.
How to get cash out without a debit card
The answer to this question on how to get cash out without a debit card varies from country to country, and also from bank to bank.
However, I’ve listed the best method a bank customer can withdraw money without using the debit card or even the credit card.
Let’s get started.
1. Using a withdrawal slip or teller
This is the oldest method of money withdrawal when it comes to how to get cash out without a debit card.
This process doesn’t need the use the debit card or credit card but rather the a withdrawal slip or the bank teller.
To get cash out without a debit card using this method requires a customer to go to the bank, collect a withdrawal slip. On the withdrawal slip are details required to be completed.
It consist of the account name, bank account number, the amount to be withdrawn, and the signature of the bank customer.
To get cash out without a debit card using the bank teller or the withdrawal slip differs from bank to bank, and it is one of the best method cash withdrawal as the daily or monthly limit is higher compared to atm withdrawal.
This is why I love to use the withdrawal or bank teller cause it helps to withdraw a higher amount of money compared to the atm. Limit imposes on atm withdrawal ie usually very low though it differs from bank to bank.
To get cash out without a debit card using the bank teller or the withdrawal slip, the bank customer will be present and can’t send a third party on his or her behalf.
The only moment a third party can withdraw cash on behalf of an account holder is if the account holder is deceased, and the third person is the next of kin.
With the death certificate plus other requirements, he or she can withdraw all the cash in the deceased bank account.
This is how to get cash out without a debit card using the bank teller or the withdrawal slip.
2. How to get cash out without a debit card using cardless withdrawal
Since the introduction of the cardless withdrawal in the banking system, banks have adopted this method and using it for their cash withdrawal.
I don’t know if you have been in a situation whereby you went to the atm to make a withdrawal, and on getting to the atm, you searched your bag and didn’t see your debit card or credit card.
That can be really annoying and painful especially after queueing in the line and it gets to your turn, you found out that you don’t have your debit card with you at that very moment.
This is what cardless atm is all about, helping you to get cash out without a debit card or credit card.
Cardless atm withdrawal is the process of collecting cash from the automated teller machine(atm) without the use of the atm card.
HOW USE TO THE CARDLESS WITHDRAWAL
Please kindly note that this differs from bank to bank, and I recommend you to contact your bank and let them give you the procedure on how to use the cardless withdrawal to get cash out without a debit card or credit card.
There are three different ways to use the cardless withdrawal, and they include the followings.
- Internet Banking
- Mobile Banking
- Ussd Code
Most banks use internet banking or the mobile banking app for this, but the ussd code makes it easier and better in the case that you ran out of internet data or maybe poor network connection.
I’m using Guaranty trust bank for this tutorial on how to get cash out without a debit card or credit card using the cardless withdrawal method.
How to get cash out without a debit card using the internet cardless withdrawal method.
The internet banking is for those that have enrolled for it, and this method of cardless atm withdrawal is secured compared to the ussd code.
This is the process for internet banking based on Guaranty Trust Bank;
- Log on to internet banking with your User ID and Password
- Click “Account Transfers”
- If you want to withdraw from a GTBank’s ATM machine close to you, click ”Cardless withdrawal (GT-Rescue)”
- If you want to withdraw from any Other bank ATM, click ”Paycode (Cardless withdrawal)”
- Complete displayed form with your “Names”, “Mobile number”, “Account to debit”, “Terminal type” and “Cash-out amount” etc.
- Confirm details captured are accurate and complete
- Enter “answer to the secret question”
- Enter “Token code”
- Click the “Submit“ button to complete your request
Another method for this cardless withdrawal to get cash out without a debit card is by using the bank mobile app, which can alse be called mobile banking.
This requires you to download and use your bank mobile app for the process.
- Download the GT-World application on your “Playstore” for Android phones, “Appworld” for BlackBerry phones, and “Applestore” for iPhone
- Log on to Mobile Banking with your User ID and Password
- Slide your finger on your Mobile phone to display outstanding menu items
- Click “Cardless withdrawal” options on the “Banking” module
- If you want to withdraw from a GTBank’s ATM machine close to you, click ” Cash out (GTBank ATMs)” option
- If you want to withdraw from any Other bank ATM, click the” Cash out (All ATMs & POS)” option
- Complete the form displayed
- Click “Continue”
- Enter your “4 digit PIN” or “Token Code” and click “Done” to complete your request.
How to get cash out without a debit card using the bank ussd code for cardless withdrawal in 2020.
The best and my preferred method though not applicable to all banks across the world.
This does not require an internet connection and can be done on any type of phone, smartphone, or not.
All you need to do is to dial your bank mobile ussd code and the cardless atm withdrawal code and follow the on-screen instruction.
- Dial *737#
- Input ”8” to select next page
- Input ”1” to select cardless withdrawals
- Input ”1” or “2” to select either “GTBank” or “Other Bank”
- If Option is “Other Bank” then, enter “Terminal” as “1” or “2” to select “ATM” or “POS”
- Input ”Amount”
- Enter any 4 digit code to set your “Cash-Out PIN”
- Enter your pre-selected 4 digits PIN to complete the cardless withdrawal request.
The three methods above require you to go an atm to complete the transaction.
Many banks do send a reference code immediately to your mobile phone via SMS, which you should locate the nearest ATM to make your withdrawals.
On the Bank ATM
To complete the cardless withdrawal, the bank customer have to locate the nearest bank ATM to withdraw the cash.
Note No debit card or even credit card is required for the cash withdrawal.
Getting to the atm, you will have to key in the code sent to you by your bank, and which you can finally receive your cash.
Gtbank has two ways in which you can withdraw cash from the atm, one which is on the gtbank ATMs and the second which is other bank ATMs.
And they have different procedures.
For Examples Using Guaranty Trust Bank
ON GTBANK ATM
- Locate any GTBank ATM
- Press the “Enter” button on the ATM
- Select the “Cardless Withdrawal(GT-Rescue)” option
- Enter “Reference Code” received on your mobile phone
- Enter “ Amount” (This should be the same selected when initiating request on Internet Banking, USSD, Mobile Banking)
- Press the “Enter “ button to proceed
- Collect your Cash For Other Bank’s ATM
ON OTHER BANKS ATM
- Press the “Enter” button on the ATM
- Select the “PayCode” option
- Enter “PayCode number” received on your mobile phone
- Enter pre-selected “Cash-Out PIN Number” selected on Internet Banking when initiating a request
- Enter “Amount” (This should be the same selected when initiating request on Internet Banking, USSD, Mobile Banking)
- Press the “Enter “ button to proceed
- Collect your Cash
Please you need to contact your bank for inquiries for information and the procedure cause cardless withdrawal differs from bank to bank.
3. Using a cheque
This is another method which you can use to get cash out without a debit card or a credit card. I know some bank customers who mostly use this especially the corporate account owners.
It you need to get a lot of cash out from your account and wouldn’t want to use the withdrawal slip or a bank teller, you have to use a cheque.
To use this method to get cash out without a debit card, all you need to do is write yourself a cheque, either payable to yourself or “Cash” and take it to your bank to cash.
If you don’t have your ATM card, you will need to present your driver’s license or any other valid ID to the bank teller.
Cheques are not giving to all bank account holders, you must request for it and usually it is fit corporate or business account holders.
When it comes to how to get cash out without a debit card, most people usually think of the automated teller machine.
However, the truth is there’s so many ways which a bank customer can withdraw cash without using the debit card or the credit card.
All these depend on your bank, country and the banking system in your country as well.
Right now the cardless atm withdrawal have spread across the world and I don’t think if there’s any country that isn’t making use of the cardless withdrawal method.
With this i round it up on how to get cash out without a debit card, if you have more to add to this, I will appreciate that a lot thanks.