23 thoughts on “Best guide on first bank account upgrade”

1. I went to bank last month and I tendered all the documents required but since then I haven’t gotten any notification for my bank upgrade?.
    Plz what can I do ?, am using first bank and with limit of #30k-50k🤦…
    But this morning, I wanted to withdraw #2k left In my account now but POS can only dispense only #1,900.00
    Plz help am confused, right now😥.

• After you have updated your account, you should have contacted the bank to know if the have successfully updated your account. You can call the bank or send them a message through their email address.

You can’t withdraw the 2k because of withdrawal fee or charges since 2k is the only amount left in your account.

2. pls I want to do my acct upgrade but the name on my bvn is different from my nin ,I’m thinking of registering a voters care with the name on my bvn ,do u think they will accept that ??
    secondly how much can it cost me to get an affidavit for change of name and that of newspaper publication and how long might it take

• Why did you provide a fake name to nin? Hmmm. Cost of getting a court affidavit differs from where you’re getting it, some might charge N1k while will charge N3k.

However, don’t pay more than N3k but usually it should be N2k unless it will increase because of the way Nigeria is right now.

Court affidavit usually take 2 minutes to be issued to you especially if you go to the people doing the stuff within any court premises. While newspaper publication might take a day or two depending on the newspaper you went for.

3. Hello ma, I enrolled for Nin but it’s not ready yet, though I have the old national ID card and other documents you listed above, is it possible to upgrade my account with the old id card? Thanks…

• I don’t really know if the bank will collect the old national card but there’s no harm in trying.

If you were given the nin slip or print out, you should use it cause banks are accepting it, and you know nin has replaced the old national ID.

4. Hello ma, please can I use my ecowas passport as my ID for account upgrade? Because currently I don’t have any of the aforementioned ID.

• Ecowas passport, hmmm.

I can’t really tell if the bank will accept it but I recommend you to try especially if the ID card is very much genuine and active.

5. Hello ma, if i go to upgrade my account at firstbank, will i be given options on the upgrade i want my account to be upgraded to?

• Mostly it will be a regular or level 3 account unless you explain to them you only want to open a salary account.

Sorry for the late reply.

6. I Hamzat Suleiman went to first Bank to upgrade my account about two weeks ago ,Up till now it didn’t work.l gave them all the necessary documents.i went there on 22 July for the update now today is 3, august 2021, l complained to customer service representative ,he said I should patient with them at Jericho branch Ibadan

• Two weeks is quite a long time cause it usually takes a maximum of three to four working days.

I will advise you to wait till Friday and if still the bank didn’t update the account then you should bear in mind the update wasn’t a successful one. Pressure the bank to tell you what the problem is.

7. I want to ask if more than 50k can be deposited into my first instant account. Even if I won’t be able to withdraw it. I have done my upgraded since 12th of July I went back their only to hear that their is a mechanical problem. Please I need your help

• Mechanical problem just to update your account?

Hmmm.

The truth is, you cannot deposit more than 50k at once, but you can deposit more than 50k in a single day. So what you need to do is to split the money into two or three depending on the amount though the maximum operating balance will not exceed 300k.